Web the-little-things-in-life.blogspot.com

Friday, February 17, 2006

Matisyahu - Youth Video Premiere

Check out this very cool music video "Youth", very good song, lyrics, music ...

BUT !

You can see that this music video is very different from anything Matisyahu ever did.
My guess is that now Matisyahu is becomming more commercial. This music video realy says: "say goodbye to Matisyahu and say hello to Matisyahu and Sony Music (or who ever is pulling the strings)".

I saw this video a few times ... what can I say ... it's good, very nice .... but not sure that it is something a hasiddic jew would make.

I think it's the first time to can see soo many girls on a Matisyahu music video. not just seeing girls, they were dancing too .... well, at least they were all dressed up, lucky it's winter time...

maybe the next video will be in summer time... and then what ? Matisyahu on the beach? with half naked girls dacing around him ?? doesn't quite go with the whole hassidic image...

I hope it wouldn't come down to that.


Still very proud of Matisyahu and love the music ....


Watch the new video here (pc)
or here (mac)

*Update*

"YOUTH IS THE ENGINE OF THE WORLD ...."

It seems I can't stop watching and listening to this music video .....
I've seen it at least 15 times in the last few hours ...

I URGE YOU TO SEE THIS MUSIC VIDEO !!
coz "youth is the engine of the world ...."

2 Comments:

Blogger Heavy A said...

well Hadasah:
1. I'm not a religiuos person.

2. I was not talking about the message, about "hearing" or "listening", I'm talking about "watching" (as if to see with your eyes plain images) a music video. I don't think the strict jews would approve that music video.

BUT !

you could say that this music video is o.k. b/c it's aiming for the general youth of the world,(most of which are not hassidic jews) and that this music video needs to be accepted by the youth, so you can bend the rules a little, like "means to an end". if thats what you are saying then, I think you are right ;-)

3. I hear Madonna might be your neighbor, she is planning on buying a house in Tsfat. good luck with that ;-)

4. All said in good heart and with a smile.

5. Hope you like my Matisyahu blog.

6. peace....

12:58 PM  
Blogger Northeasterner said...

if you read the book by simon jacobson = towards a meaningful life, you will read the section on youth, and you will think MAtis just read the book and wrote a song about it.

The rebbe did say that the youth should take thier energies, and focus them like a laserbeam, and get things done.

During the 60's the rebbe spoke about the hippies rebeling out of thirst for spirituality. same concept... all the youth today are all looking for a fix is chassidus.

LEarn Tanya, the best self help book ever written, and printed in over 300 countries.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

tags: , , , חיפוש ספרים ספרים משומשים ספרים יד שניה ארכיון ספרים חיפוש ספרים חיפוש ספר גינון