Web the-little-things-in-life.blogspot.com

Monday, April 24, 2006

The meaning of "Dispatch The Troops"

Many of my imaginary friends (sure, I have a lot of imaginary friends, but only two good ones) have asked me to order the songs in Youth by quality, like to rank them. I said that some songs are better than others but it's very hard to rank them. So instead of listing them by order I will share with you my thoughts about the better songs in Youth.

One song I think has no chance of getting in the charts, but I really like is "Dispatch The Troops". Why? The main reason is the lyrics. You must read the lyrics while listening to the song. I think "Dispatch The Troops" will touch many people's hearts once they read the lyrics. Now you need to go and read "Dispatch The Troops" lyrics and go back to read the rest of this post once you are done.

"My gem is held captive in the dungeon
Don'’t come back till you end the mission
If it takes a long time
Don't lose the vision
If you'’re stuck
Check the blueprint
Look within
Reflection
..."

Now, you can read these lines and think of what ever you like, let me tell you what I think these lines are about.

My gem is held captive in the dungeon - my gem is my soul, my soul is locked and needs to break free. You need to break free and free your soul, no matter how hard it gets - Don'’t come back till you end the mission. Even If it takes a long time
Don't lose the vision
.

If you'’re stuck, Check the blueprint - what is the blueprint? the blueprint of your soul. G-d that made you also gave you a user manual, a blueprint of your soul. the blueprint is the holy Torah.

If you'’re stuck (Check the blueprint)
Look within
Reflection
... look within your soul, there you could find the answer.

Now, you can read the lyrics in that context and see if it makes sense. what do you think? Am I right? Or am I way off?
Can someone ask Matisyahu and let me know?

oh yeah, the rhythm is good too....
Matisyahu

9 Comments:

Blogger Heavy A said...

hey springsteenfan,
allways nice to read your comments.

It's seems like this song is talking about a teenage girl running away from home, which many teenagers can relate to. But as I've said, I think there is a hidden message.....

If you want you can write your own thoughts about Matisyahu's lyrics, and I'll post it here...

11:57 AM  
Blogger FrumGirl said...

I didnt read this post yet but I am looking at the picture and it irks me. It reminds me of Catholic imagery... the halo around the head thing... know what I mean?

5:05 PM  
Blogger Heavy A said...

Hi frumGirl, listen:
1- Read the post. I'm interested to hear what you have to say about what I posted.
2- I know what you mean about the picture.
3- I still like it.
4- Springsteenfan likes the picture too.
5- It's two against one, so, the
pictures stays.
6- Nice reading your comments.
7- Have a good day
8- :-)
9- Does frum mean religious?

4:42 AM  
Blogger FrumGirl said...

Frum, in my case means modern orthodox but more on the orthodox side, lol. Impossible to put me in a box.

8:08 AM  
Blogger FrumGirl said...

Yes, I read the lyrics. Yes, I think you are right-on in your assessment. The runaway is obviously a methaphor for people who have turned away from G-d & His torah to follow the temptation of what irreligious life has to offer and about how we are always welcome home, even if it is hard to come back.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Heavy A said...

On that note, do the lines:
1- "That’s the price you pay for running away from the stress"

2-"Feeling the pain like dance by the DJ"

3- "Reminds me of a time when things were ok"

mean:

1- Thats the price you pay running away from god.

2- When she feel the pain she wants to be close to god.

3- That reminds her a time when things were o.k.

Is the DJ a methaphor for god? as in "god is a DJ" ? :-)

Is did I go too far?

Can't any one ask Matisyahu?

5:39 AM  
Blogger Heavy A said...

Thanks for the info. I never heared of that book, I guess I got it right. Of crouse this is no surprise to me, because I'm very smart (most of the time) :-)

It's seems you registered to blogger just to comment on my post. Today I'm openning my blog's comments for all humans (not just blogger members). I hope it will not bring spam.
Thanks

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a very important question:
are the players in matis' band are all jewish?

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a very important question:
are the players in Matis' band are all Jewish?

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

tags: , , , חיפוש ספרים ספרים משומשים ספרים יד שניה ארכיון ספרים חיפוש ספרים חיפוש ספר גינון