Web the-little-things-in-life.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Sting wants Moshiach now!

Sting wants Moshiach now!

A clear sign that Moshiach is fast on the way is - as we say in the Aleinu prayer three times a day - is when the nations of the world call out Hashem's name.

Sting wants moshiach

Singer and composer Lenny Solomon - one of my very favorite people - attended the Matisyahu & Sting (photo, above) concert last Thursday at the Ramat Gan Stadium, and sent me the following Beam to share with you:

Hi Reb Lazer,

As I followed your Moshiach thread I thought I would relay to you what happened at the Sting/Matisyahu concert on Thursday night in Ramat Gan Stadium in Tel Aviv.

Matisyahu Matisyahu (photo, left) did a beautiful job opening up for Sting and then Sting performed. He was amazing. A world class musician and the band as well.

In the 15th song he is performing the classic Police song Roxanne and Matisyahu comes on stage and he starts performing his song "Dispatch The Troops" during the same song. It is very cool well rehearsed duet between the two.

Now at this point Sting turns to the audience and screams, "We Want Moshiach" 3 times. I tell you I got goosebumps. A crowd of 25,000-30,000 people mostly secular Jews went wild.

It was so cool - I called it a Geulah Moment!

Just thought I would share this story - what you like to call "a Beam". It was amazing to watch.

(taken from Lazer Beams)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there anyway i can watch some parts of his concerts in Israel? Is there like a link or something?

3:04 AM  
Blogger tinablue87 said...

I was wondering along the same lines-how can we hear that song-the duet? Awesome!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jewish Mamale said...

Hey I just saw Matisyahu in Toronto on Tuesday, June 13th.
He was great! I brought my massive Israeli flag to wave and I am more than sure he saw it. As I had pretty good seats.
He was on for 45 min. NOT LONG ENOUGH, but he was opening for Dave Matthews.
I really wished he had played my favorite song Indestructable.

I was so excited to see him for the first time. I can't wait for him to come and play and be the only performer at the venue, I would love to see a full concert of his.

Is there any recordings of live shows that he sells or videos of his performances, cause I would love to get a copy of the Toronto show.

MATIS IS AWESOME!!!!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Heavy A said...

Dear Springsteen fan, your comment hurt my feellings because this mean you do not read my posts. I posted about that Matisyahu course on this post: College To Begin Offering Classes on Matisyahu

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

tags: , , , חיפוש ספרים ספרים משומשים ספרים יד שניה ארכיון ספרים חיפוש ספרים חיפוש ספר גינון