Web the-little-things-in-life.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 13, 2006

The good influence of Matisyahu

Here is a post I saw on epic records Matisyahu forum, I have no idea if it's real but I can believe it:

I have always been a big time partier, but I often would push it too far. I did alot of drugs throughout highschool but once I went to college I began abusing Heroin. About a year ago I saw Matisyahu perform at All Good Music fest. Being a reggae fan I instantly became amased at the awesome sound of Matisyahu. I soon became a huge fan and I love the music and the lyrics. After listening and reading the lyrics I realised that Matisyahu is all about living a pure sober life while walking the path of righteousness. I connected to Matisyahu unlike I have ever connected to any other music. I knew I had to quit doing the horrible drug known as heroin. Listening to Matisyahu sing about the rewards of being clean and pure was like having an older brother slap the urge to do dope right out of my skull. I checked myself into rehab at the Caron institute in Reading Pa, and today I have 60 days clean. I love my life now and I feel that I owe it to Matisyahu. Thanx M!
(link)
Now, as I said, I have no idea if this guy's story is real, but, I do think Matisyahu has got a positive influence on people. It's like a rapper raps about shooting cops and some people would feel the urge to go and shoot a cop, besides the cop shooting thing :-)

As I have said before, Matisyahu's lyrics are about being true to yourself, being good and feeling good. This is why many people (including myslef) have positive thoughts when listening to Matisyahu and reading his lyrics.

So, be good ....

12 Comments:

Blogger FrumGirl said...

I suppose this is his mission in life!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Heavy A said...

I don't know much about life missions. Did his life mission include using drugs too (in his teen years)?

12:35 PM  
Blogger FrumGirl said...

Look he is having a really great positive effect now on so many... how lucky he is to be able to merit that!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Heavy A said...

Very lucky. I just don't know god well enough to claim I know how he works.

Matisyahu is having a positive effect on many people, and not just jewish people. speaking of none jews, some of Matisyahu's songs are clearly for jewish ears, I wonder how none jews react to these songs, do they just hear the songs, or, do they try to understand them?

take a look at this comment I found some where on jewlicious:
Hello i just came to this page cause i was searching for meaning of hasidic reaggae obiviously due to popularity of Matisyahu. Right here i am from India never heard the word hasidic. Than i came across this page with some critics of that guy.
Hey dudes i think Matisyahu is doing what other jewish singers couldnt do that is spreading the words which people like me never knew existed like words like Mosiah , Hashem and all other. As far as i think ppl here criticising Matisyahu are nuthin more than leg pullers who wont let any body rise but pull legs coz they cant do something fruitful themselves.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have 2 questions:
1- is there any way i could write to matis? i mean, that way so he really reads it?
2- are the players in matis' band are all Jewish?

2:31 PM  
Blogger Heavy A said...

hello Shelly.
1- I have no idea.
2- Not all of his band members are jewish.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh really?! and that's when i thought i found a music i could really enjoy, without feeling guilty concious lustening to it...
:-(

4:36 PM  
Blogger thumbuk said...

Hi!

I saw a thing on MTV in the last holidays and ordered tickets to see him in Manchester straight away!

Brilliant stuff and really got the audience going, but i thought i read in one article about him that hascidic jews could not use technology on a sunday or something and this gig was on a sunday.

Im afraid im a little ignorant about jewish law or whatever so if any of you could shed some light that would be cool.

Maybe someone could email me about it or something? My address is

twhittakeruk@yahoo.co.uk

Also, is there, like, an official fan club kinda thingy?

peace out,
tom

2:49 PM  
Blogger Heavy A said...

Well Thumbuk, though the holy day for Christianity is sunday, the jewish holy day is saturday.

So the "technology" thing goes for the "shabbat" (friday evening to saturday night, about 25 hours).

search google for "Matisyahu" to find more....

p.s.
Did you know that England is the only country where people say "thingy"?

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK MATISYAHU HAS A POSITIVE IMPACT ON PEOPLES LIVES. LIKE ME I THOUGHT I CAN'T FIND DOING THE RIGHT CHOICE'S IN LIFE. FROM RIGHT TO WRONG UNTIL ONE DAY I SAW MATISYAHU'S MUSIC VIDEO "KING WITHOUT A CROWN" AND IT CHANGED ME THEN I STARTED TO LIKE THEM AND THEY CHANGED ME IF THEY WERE READING THIS RIGHT NOW I WANT TO SAY THANKS.THEY LET ME SEE THERE'S CHOICES IN LIFE BUT I HAVE TO MAKE THE RIGHT MOVE. I STARTED BELIVEING IN WHAT THEY BELIVE IN SO THANKS.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous jumar2300@yahoo.com said...

I have a very similar story growin up doin All types of drugs. Then i too found heroin, and its been my addiction and escape from reality for three years. Been tryin for months and months to get clean now but Nothin could bring me away from the drug, but matisyahu and his lyrics. His music and lyrics are my drug now.!!!! His lyrics are so inspirational and speak to me like no music ive ever listened too.
"Substance dulls the mind traife wine dulls the heart"
Keep makin music and inspiring people!!!!

3:19 AM  
Anonymous jumar2300@yahoo.com said...

And yes matisyahu did many drugs through his youth.

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

tags: , , , חיפוש ספרים ספרים משומשים ספרים יד שניה ארכיון ספרים חיפוש ספרים חיפוש ספר גינון