Web the-little-things-in-life.blogspot.com

Friday, March 10, 2006

Matisyahu performing Youth on Conan O'Brien's late night show

Matisyahu sang "Youth" on NBC's Conan O'Brien on the 7th of march 2006.

External links here and here.




Now, after you saw the clip, let me just say this:
you now I like Matisyahu very much, BUT, this song ("Youth") doesn't come out too well on live performances. I saw it on Conan's O'Brien show and on MTV live (I think) . I'm very sorry, but his voice doesn't shound good enough to pull it off. just listen to Mastiyahu when he sings: "youth is the engine of the world". Again let me just say, I love his music, it's just this song on live performances. Maybe he should sing it in a differet way....

Let me remind you "youth" is still a good song, here, look for yourself: Watch the new video here (pc) or here (mac).

Hey let me know what you think....

(thanks to Chaim)

2 Comments:

Blogger Chaim said...

My wife thinks it has to do a lot with the audience. If the crowd is very into it he sounds a lot more into it/strong. Last night he was on Kimmel again and he played two songs, Jerusalem (which is a great song) and Jerusalem was done good live, finally, but then he sang King Without a Crown again and nailed it. He was really good. The crowd also looked very heavy into it. So chicken or egg, don't know, maybe he felt more comfortable by kimmel.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Heavy A said...

well, I would say that you are right, but, it's not the first time. you can see that on his performance on MTVU he did it again. he doesn't have the voice for the line : "youth is the engine of the world". as I said, he should sing it adifferent way, maybe lower his voice ...

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

tags: , , , חיפוש ספרים ספרים משומשים ספרים יד שניה ארכיון ספרים חיפוש ספרים חיפוש ספר גינון